Friday, March 1, 2013

Runner's Spotlight: Lauren Scarpa

Name:  Lauren Scarpa

City: Marlton, NJ
Years Running: 3

Why did you join Team Philly: To train for the Broad Street Run in 2011
What are your running goals:  I don’t really have any new running goals with the exception to keep going. 

When not running, what are some of your hobbies: Snowboarding, dancing, playing with my dog – Sydney aka ‘Squids,” shopping, spending time with friends, concerts. 
Have you had any breakthroughs in your training since training Team Philly: Yes, but by witnessing how improper form and not listening to your body will result in injuries.  I can almost pinpoint who’s hurting where – it’s the personal trainer in me. 

Overcome obstacles: I ran 10 damn miles! I’d call that overcoming one!

Have you achieved any goals you thought impossible: Did I mention I ran 10 miles?  Cause I did. It’s no marathon or even a half, but I’ll take it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment