Thursday, March 28, 2013

Runner Spotlight: Eric Chappelle

Name: Eric Chappelle

City: Philadelphia

Years Running: Off and on since 2009 (first Broad Street Run).

What are your running goals: Qualify and run The Boston Marathon, run a sub three hour marathon, and get a seeded entry on a race.

When not running, what are some of your hobbies: I enjoy taking my dog to the woods, skydiving, traveling to different cities and exploring their culture and foods. Above all...sleeping.

Have you had any breakthroughs in your training since training Team Philly: Yes! I've met and learned from some amazing people. My group is very encouraging which fuels me to train harder. Since joining Team Philly I was able to run a 3 hour 3 mins at the Philly Marathon 2012. The workouts allow me to reach goals I couldn't accomplish training alone.

Overcome obstacles: I tend to lack the motivation to train on a daily basis. Knowing that my team is out there training along with me is always encouraging. It's really uplifting knowing and seeing so many supportive people all competing for the same goal.

Have you achieved any goals you thought impossible: Going into my first year with Team Philly I thought it was far fetched to run under 3:05 for the Philly Marathon. I didn't think I would have the stamina to keep a 7 minute mile pace, but with the help from my coaches and teammates I succeeded. I cannot wait to run the Broad Street Run in May, and the Philadelphia Marathon once again this fall.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've come a long way Eric. Your dedication to your sport and team are helping you become a stranger runner. Congratulations on your successes thus far, and all the best for healthy, fast future runs.

    ReplyDelete